Sunday, August 26, 2012

Laugh out Loud


 The eye of the beholder ...

I've been working on this little beauty
(a commission for a valued friend) 
for some months now, on and off
- it's a partial reinterpretation of a 1890's
painting of a Laughing Kookaburra by Queensland
artist and taxidermist, Anthony Alder



Sometimes re-making a partial image is
much harder than re-making the whole...


He's an odd little creature, my 'portrait',
but I like the way the abstracted wing,
has a relationship to the shape of the beak...

I hope he makes a worthy homage to
Anthony Alder's wonderful painting (below)
which lives in the National Library of Australia

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Louise, he is a worthy homage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. Anthony Alder was my Great Great Grandfather. Your work is beautiful. x :)

    ReplyDelete